1. Can I download the content to make word count in my CAT tool (memoQ, Trados, XTM, MemSource)?
Yes, after running a content extraction on the complete website all source text may be exported into XLIFF packages, which then may be imported into your favourite CAT tool.
2. How many pages can I make word count on with the demo?
You can run a free word count for 10 pages without registration and 1000 pages if you register.
3. How can I do word count if there is a login/authentication session?
If the site uses HTTP Basic Authentication, the username/password can be set in Easyling, and it will log in automatically. If the site uses another authentication method, the session cookies may be passed along, and Easyling will use these to authenticate itself (although these are not stored between scans for privacy reasons!)
4. Does Easyling discover all the pages?
Easyling discovers the entire website as if it was a visitor, fetching all the dynamic content as well. However, there might be a need to ignore some content multiplicator attributes (like colours, sizes can multiply the entries of a product catalogue). In this case, you can tell Easyling what expressions, attributes shall be ignored to avoid counting the words with the same content multiple times with the different colour names in the expression.
6. What is considered as a repetition?
* 98%: Weak fuzzy matches: all tags are stripped out (may have to be adjusted manually afterwards!
* 99%: Strong fuzzy matches: tags from the ends are stripped out, words lowercased, numbers ignored.
* 100%: Regular matches: the segment is repeated exactly, including all tags.
* 101%: Contextual matches: both tags in the segment, and contexts (segments immediately before and after) match.
* 102%: Strong contextual matches: every segment in the block-level element (~paragraph) is a 101% match, where all the tags are identical.